Ace Lover EP Banner

Ace Lover EP Banner
Collectable 7" Vinyl Out Now !

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Erykah Badu goes in on the downfall of real Hip Hop



Erykah Badu recently aired out her issues with the current state of hip-hop and described how Hip Hop is evolving for the worse.

“How y’all gone stand by and let our music turn into pop techno cornball ass music. We don’t own our music no more. Come to think of it, did we EVER own it? when I say own our music , I’m not talkin bout the artist I’m talkin bout the people … let me be quiet. I wanna hear from the young people? easy for me to complain about this techno-pop cause i have a taste for something else. but how do u feel? These rappers ought to be shame of they damn selves, I’m talkin bout the mc’ s rappin over this pop techno music. I believe in pimpin the system but got D*MN! not like this #pop-technosongs.”

Erykah Badu also said she had nothing specific against techno sounds, however, stressed that it should not become a centerpiece of hip-hop.

“I like the idea of no distinction in race when it comes 2 music, but SOULkeepers, U dont give up the boom bip and the hump 4 the payday. I love house and techno as a side dish .But now it’s served as the main course AND that’s ALL u gone get. like chittlins in the back house. I love music PERIOD. just not ready to say goodbye to the boom bip and the hump .. kinda painful for my generation to see. just strange 2me. Yes, no1 wants 2B poor again. artist have2 sacrifice integrity of the music sometimes 2 make ends meet. this is understood.but gotD*MN now. if you’ve never tasted good p*ssy your satisfied with a** hole. (that’s terrible ain’t it .) lol

Erykah Badu”

Can i get an amen for Erykah Badu.Return of The Ankh album was dope. Shes a real artist, she know what she talking about.
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part 2:Return Of The Ankh
- In Stores Now & on ITUNES

1 comment: